Cheers! Salud! Prost! Saluti! And, all the other variations from around the world. What are we cheersing to? We’re raising a glass to the best Epcot drinks in each of the World Showcase countries. Well, the best drink in our opinion. We’re definitely no experts, yet, but we do know a thing or two about drinking around the “world”. Ah, drinking around the world, much like the monorail crawl, it’s a favorite past time for many Disneyphiles. Here’s our favorite drink or cocktail from each country. Who’s ready to take a lap around World Showcase?
The Big Question
Right or left? That is the question. Should we head right to the Canada pavilion or left to the Mexico Pavilion? Now, every Disney veteran has their preferred direction, and some may even want to start at the International Gateway (between the France and UK pavilions), but for this article, we’re following the old saying. What old saying? Oh, you know it, liquor before beer you’re in the clear. So, with that in mind, we’re kicking off our best Epcot drinks in Mexico!
Let’s Find The Best Epcot Drinks
- Mexico – Say it with us, margarita! Now, the Mexico Pavilion has a wide variety of margaritas to choose from. For us, we’re heading into the Mayan Temple to stop by La Cava del Tequila for the Dragones margarita. What can we say, we’ve got expensive taste. You really can’t go wrong with any of the margaritas at La Cava del Tequila, it all depends on what you’re in the mood to drink.
- Norway – Beer us! Norway is one the of the pavilions around Epcot’s World Showcase with more limited options. We always gravitate towards a pint of Carlsberg. This light refreshing pilsner is just the type of beer you’re looking on those warm World Showcase days.
- China – Whiskey? Did someone say, whiskey? One of the most unique drinks around the World Showcase is the Tipsy Ducks in Love found at the Joy of Tea kiosk. This cocktail brings together two of our favorite things, coffee, and whiskey. Throw in a little chocolate and you got the makings of a fantastic cocktail. It also helps that the bartenders may have a heavier hand when making this drink.
- Germany – Can you guess what we’re going with here? You got it, beer. When in Rome, well, more like when in Germany. The big question is which beer. For us, if we’re going to get any beer, or should we say bier, at the Germany pavilion it’s gotta be the Schofferhofer. It’s a famous Disney World tradition for a reason.
- Italy – We know what you’re thinking, you’re thinking we’re heading to Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. Surprise! We’re not. Our go-to is the La Bottega Italiana shop. Yes, the wine shop. Inside the Italian wine shop is a tasting area where you can order different wines. Our favorite is a glass of their Prosecco cocktail. Usually, it has Limoncello and a little cranberry juice. Can you say, pink drink?
- United States – There’s only one drink that feels appropriate in this pavilion, a cold beer. While Regal Eagle is now serving a variety of moonshine cocktails, we have yet to try one. We know, we know. We’re on it! For now, our spot is Block and Hans for solid pint. You’ll usually find us reaching for a local craft beer, like a Jai Alai from Cigar City Brewing in Tampa (#NotSponsored, #NotApposed). When it comes to beer, we tend to gravitate toward citrusy IPAs.
- Japan – If you’re a sake fan this your spot. We know a lot of people that love sake, but we’re not fans. For good sake head to the back of pavilion to the sake bar in the Mitsukoshi store. For us, a drink in Japan equals beer. We’ll be reaching for a Kirin. If we’re feeling extra fancy we’ll get the frozen Kirin. Now this is no slushy. The frozen Kirin comes from how the freeze the top of the beer, better known as the “head” of the beer.
- Morocco – You may think it’s just a restaurant, but it always has a walk up bar. What are we talking about, we’re talking about Spice Road Table. This spot has one of the most uniquely (in a good way) flavored cocktails we’ve had around the World Showcase called the Mahia Pamelo. Made with fig liqueur, grapefruit and lemon, this tart cocktail felt like a Moroccan take on a paloma. If you’re fan of less sweet cocktails, this is a must try. Super unique!
- France – No, we’re not reaching for Gran Mariner slush. While it’s very refreshing, we have a DVC Duo all-time favorite spot in the France Pavilion, Les Vins des Chefs de France. Other wise known as the wine cellar. Inside the wine shop is our all-time favorite champagne Veuve Clicquot. It’s probably our favorite as it’s what we had at our wedding and every time we’re in Epcot we have to stop in for a glass. It’s a DVC Duo tradition.
- United Kingdom – Much like the Germany Pavilion, you probably know what’s coming here. You got it, a proper pint. The big question is which pint? While many people line up for a pint along the walkway, we head inside the Rose & Crown Pub. While both locations know how to pour a proper pint, inside the pub you’ll find a wider range of half and half options. We have two staples of our rotation, a traditional black and tan and the snakebite. It all depends on the Florida season.
- Canada – Last stop on our tour all the best Epcot drinks brings us to the Canada pavilion. More often than not you’ll find skipping over the Canada pavilion to head back to the UK pavilion, as we prefer their beer options. However, from time to time, when the weather is just write, we’ll grab a pint in Canada. The beer to get here has to be the La Fin Du Monde. Let’s just say its won a few beer awards. What makes it extra special in the Canada Pavilion is it’s on draft!
We did it! We made around the World Showcase highlighting our best Epcot drinks. Hopefully, we didn’t stumble too much. See what we did there. Yeah, a drinking around the world joke. You had to expect it at some point. Anyways, after all this drinking talk it’s time for us to enjoy a cocktail or two!
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.