Ready, set, let’s reserve! We’re back with another one of our infamous DVC Duo guides. This time around we’re walking through the new Disney World Park Reservation System. It’s the system every Disneyphile has waiting to learn more about. On June 22, 2020, Disney launched the new system for guests with Disney Resort reservations and park tickets through September 2021. When the parks reopen in mid-July there will be a variety of changes, with the biggest one being the Disney Park Reservation System. For more details around the other changes, we recommend checking our reopening guide. Next up, our DVC Duo guide to the new Disney World Park Reservation System!
Be prepared, right Scar? With the new Disney World Park Reservation System, it’s all about dotting the “I’s” and crossing those “T’s”. Prior to making a park reservation, you’ll want to make the following is complete.
- Create a My Disney Experience account – for more on that, please reference the following.
- Link your Disney Resort Reservation and Park Tickets – (if you have Disney Resort reservations, no required)
- Make sure everyone in your group is linked within My Disney Experience under Family and Friends
At the time of writing Disney has stated the following for availability of the new system as it related to when guests can begin reserving entrance to the parks.
- June 22, 2020 – Guests with confirmed Disney resort reservations and park tickets
- June 26, 2020 – Annual Passholders without Disney resort reservations
- June 28, 2020 – Existing ticket holders without Disney resort reservations
It should be noted that Disney has said a Disney resort reservation does not guarantee entry into the parks. At this time, Disney World Annual Passholder can do one or the other, not both:
- Make Park Reservations in conjunction with their Walt Disney World Resort Stay
- Make Park Reservations as just an Annual Passholder (max of 3 days at one-time)
UPDATE: You are now able to make Walt Disney World Park Reservations through 2021.
Here is what we used to login to the Disney World Park Reservation System. Through our laptop with used the incognito option within Chrome. Disney has stated at the initial launch of the new system the only option would be the desktop version of My Disney Experience. We have heard through a variety of sources that Disney did say the app version of My Disney Experience will have the new Disney World Park Reservation System as well. Additionally, we received confirmation from a variety of Disney certified travel agents that they received the same information from Disney during their training. At this time, we don’t have an exact date to when the app option will be launched.
Step By Step
Here are the exact steps we took to in using the Disney World Park Reservation System. There is more than one way to access the system, either through My Plans within My Disney Experience or Disney Park Reservation home page. We found it successful to use the My Plans option.
1.) Click on My Plans under the My Disney Experience dropdown menu
2.) Enter your username and password
3. You may receive a pink castle load screen (do not refresh or click back, just wait) – This may or may not happen
4. You will see the following screen. Click on view availability.
5. Next you may see the following hold screen. You will want to wait here. Do not click back or refresh the screen. – This may not happen
6. Next, you will see the create your party screen. You’ll want to select all guests you would like to make a reservation for. It should be noted that all guests will need a valid park ticket linked to My Disney Experience. Select your party then click Next.
7. Your next screen will be where you can select the day and park you would like to make a reservation at. Select your days, then click Next.
8. The last screen will be a confirmation screen where you will be asked to check off the COVID-19 waiver. Click confirm, and you’re all set.
Once you’re in, it works very smoothly. On the first day of the Disney World Park Reservation System Disney faced many challenges based on the overall demand on the platform and technology glitches. Must have of Vaneloppe von Schweetz, otherwise known as the glitch. Our biggest recommendation is making sure everything is set-up correctly in My Disney Experience. It took us a lot of tries to get through, but once we did we were able to make our reservations in a matter of minutes. We will continue to provide updates on the Disney World Park Reservation System as they are available.
When can I make Disney World Park Reservations?
You’re able to make Disney World Park Reservations if you have a valid Disney World park ticket linked to your My Disney Experience account. If you booked a vacation package your ticket is included in the package. Disney World Park Reservations can be through September 26, 2021.
How do you make a Park Reservation for Disney World?
Disney World Park Reservations are made through the web version of My Disney Experience.
1.) Link Your Disney World Park Ticket to Your My Disney Experience
2.) Click On The Park Reservation Button “View Availability” Atop My Disney Experience
3.) Create Your Party (All party members must have valid park admission linked to their My Disney Experience Profile)
4.) Select Your Desired Date
5.) Select Your Desired Park
5.) Click Confirm
What is the Disney World Park Pass Limit?
Guests are able to make Disney World Park Reservations equal to the number of days associated with the theme park ticket linked to their My Disney Experience. For example, a 4-day park ticket would equal 4 park reservations within the given time the park ticket is valid. For Disney World Annual Passholders the limit is 3 Park Pass Reservations at one time, unless, they have Walt Disney World Resort Reservation linked to their My Disney Experience. At this time, the Annual Passholder can book Park Reservations equal to their length of stay at a Walt Disney World Resort.
Can you leave Disney World and come back?
Yes. You are able to come and go as you please if you have a valid Disney Park Pass. You will have to go through the temperature screenings and bag check each time you enter the park.
Can cast members mark Disney World Park Reservations?
Yes. Disney World is opening up park pass to cast members. Block out dates do apply, as Disney is prioritizing guest park pass availability first. Availability is updated and announced by Disney.
Can you modify your Disney Park Pass Reservation?
Yes and no. The process to modify your Disney Park Pass Reservation is to cancel your current reservation and make a new reservation. We recommend checking the availability calendar prior to cancelling your current Disney Park Pass Reservation. Changes must be made the web version of My Disney Experience.
How do I cancel my Disney World Park Pass?
To cancel your Walt Disney World Park Pass you would take the following steps.
1.) Log into My Disney Experience
2.) Click on Plans
3.) On the Disney World Park Pass You Would Like to Cancel
4.) Click Cancel
5.) Confirm Cancellation
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.