If you scratch mine, I’ll scratch yours! We’re back with another rendition of our Disney at home recipes. This time we’re heading back to the Polynesian Resort. No, not from more bread pudding, however, we won’t turn it down if it showed up. We’re sharing our Tambu Lounge Backscratcher recipe. Ahh, now the bad dad joke makes sense! Aright the time has come to bust out our cocktail shaker and make our Tambu Lounge Backscratcher recipe!
The second floor of the Polynesian Resort is becoming the place to be. Whether you waiting for your meal at Kona Cafe or ‘Ohana, or like us and enjoy a good Disney lounge, Tambu Lounge is the place. Known for two of the more iconic drinks of Walt Disney World, the Backscratcher, and Lapu Lapu, one is a little easier to make at home. Let’s just hallowing out pineapple is not an easy task. Sorry Lapu Lapu, we’ll keep working on our knife skills and tackle you another day.
Tambu Lounge Backscratcher Recipe
This is two recipes for the price of one. POG juice anyone?
POG Juice Ingredients
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup guava nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1.5 oz of dark rum (Meyers Original Dark Rum)
- 1.5 oz of light rum (Bacardi Superior)
- About 1 cup of POG Juice
- Whiskey floater (Jack Daniels)
- Squeeze oranges, about 1 to 2 medium size oranges should equal a 1/2 cup
- Combine passion fruit juice, guava nectar, and orange juice
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice
- Add the dark rum and light rum
- Add POG juice to top off the cocktail shaker
- Shake until it’s too cold to hold
- Serve over ice
- Float whisky on top
- Garnish with a cherry, pineapple wedge and wooden backscratcher (if you have one)
There is more than one way to make our Tambu Lounge Backscratcher recipe. Below are a couple of substitutions you can make. Feel free to adjust where you would like.
- POG Juice can be replaced with straight passion fruit juice
- Meyer Dark Rum can be replaced by your favorite (we like Appletons dark rum)
- Bacardi Superior can be replaced by your favorite light rum
- Jack Daniels can be replaced with your favorite straight whiskey (we like Bullet)
For a breakfast treat try pairing the POG juice with the Tonga Toast. It’s liked you’re transported to the Polynesian Resort!
Previous Recipe: Mint Julep
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.