Did someone say Ohana Bready Pudding? Those words are music to our ears. We’re back with our second installment of our Disney at home cooking. Today we’re talking Ohana Bread Pudding recipe. As we like to say, you go to Ohana for the meal but you stay for bread pudding! Alright let’s get to baking, Ohana Bread Pudding recipe, here we come!
Ohana Bread Pudding Recipe
Located on the second floor of Disney’s Polynesian Resort you’ll find one of our favorite restaurants, ‘Ohana. The delectable dessert is traditionally served a la mode and with a caramel sauce. Here is the DVC Duo at Home Ohana Bread Pudding Recipe!
- 8 cups of cubed bread (French Bread or Challah Bread)
- 5 whole eggs
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 of a teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of spiced rum
- 1 banana sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread into 1/2 inch to 1-inch cubes. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet and toast bread in the oven for about 15 minutes or until toasted and dried.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and nutmeg into a bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Grease a rectangle casserole or baking dish
- Add toasted bread to dish
- Pour egg mixture over bread and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Place baking dish on center rack and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. The top should be crunchy and browned with the custard not runny.
- In a saucepan combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, and brown sugar and bring to a low boil
- Slowly add heavy cream
- Add rum
- Maintain boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve bread pudding with one scoop of vanilla ice cream (your favorite brand) then top with sauce and sliced bananas.
There’s is more than one way to create this dessert. With this recipe feel free to make the following substitutions as you see fit.
- Hawaiian King Rolls for the bread
- 1% milk instead of whole milk
- Rum extract instead of spiced rum
There’s only one thing left to do. Let’s dig in!
Previous Recipe: Tipsy Ducks In Love
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.