Let’s wander into the kitchen! Or should we say bar? Get it, nomad. Oh, how we crack ourselves up! We’re back with another Disney at-home recipe. This time around we’re off to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to share our night monkey recipe. Holla at us, if you like the Nomad Lounge night monkey! Wow, did we really make a Howler monkey joke? Alright, enough with the bads jokes let’s get to shaking up our night monkey recipe!
Just prior to crossing the bridge into Pandora: World of Avatar you’ll find Nomad Lounge. This tranquil Disney lounge is the perfect place to catch some shade and recharge before heading off in search of the Yeti. Know for serving an array of tasty appetizers and shaking up adventurous cocktails, Nomad Lounge is must stop place for most Disneyphiles. Some may even say it’s essential. One of the more well-known cocktails is the Night Monkey. Alright, here is the DVC Duo’s at home Night Monkey recipe.
Night Monkey Recipe
Coffee Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 ounces of Bacardi Gran Reserva Maestro rum
- 3 ounces of guava puree
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of coffee simple syrup
- Sprig of mint
- A little cilantro
Coffee Simple Syrup
- Add coffee and sugar to a saucepan
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Muddle mint and cilantro in the cocktail shaker
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add Bacardi Gran Reserva Maestro rum
- Add guava puree
- Squeeze lime into shaker
- Add coffee simple syrup
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is too cold to hold
- Strain into a martini glass
For us, it’s all about variety. Some may say it’s the spice of life. Below are a few variations and substitutions, feel free to make changes where you would like.
- Replace the Bacardi Gran Reserva Maestro rum with your favorite rum (Our favorite is Appletons Reserve)
- If you don’t guava you can substitute by blending a 1 to 1 ratio of pineapple and strawberry
- Replace coffee simple syrup with coffee liquor
In true Nomad Lounge fashion, we recommend enjoying the drink either in a comfortable chair or on a shaded deck overlooking a little water.
Previous Recipe: Mango Gingerita