It’s fiesta time! No fiesta is complete without a margarita, right? Don’t worry we got you covered, we’re back with our next Disney at-home cocktail recipe. Today we’re feeling a little spicy and sharing our La Cava Jalapeno Margarita recipe. Let’s grab our cocktail shaker, our ingredients, and shake up a jalapeno margarita!
La Cava Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
Located in one of our favorite World Showcase pavilions, Mexico, is one of the best places to grab a margarita. No, we’re not talking about Choza de Margarita, they do have a good drink, we’re talking about La Cava del Tequila. Hidden inside the Mayan temple on the righthand side as you head down the ramp is our favorite margarita spot. With a menu filled with unique options like the avocado or hibiscus margarita, there is something for everyone in your group. Here is our La Cava Jalapeno Margarita recipe!
- 1/2 of a fresh jalapeno
- 1/4 of cucumber
- 1 lime
- 2 oz of Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz of agave nectar
- Remove the seeds from jalapeno and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Peel and remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Add jalapeno and cucumber to a cocktail shaker
- Muddle the jalapeno and cucumber in the bottom of the cocktail shaker
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice
- Add tequila, triple sec, and agave nectar
- Squeeze in the lime
- Shake for 30 seconds or until the shaker is too cold to hold
- Serve with a salted the rim of a margarita glass
The is more than one way to shake up this margarita. With this cocktail feel free to make these adjustments as you see fit.
- Replace Triple Sec with Orange Liquor
- Replace Agave Nectar with Simple Syrup
- Replace Agave Nectar with Honey
For an extra spicy cocktail we like to replace the agave nectar with hot honey. Alright it looks like we’re ready for our spicy fiesta, let’s get it started!
Previous Recipe: Gratin de Macaroni
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.