Margarita? Summer is here and in the DVC Duo house that means margaritas. In this rendition of our Disney at home, we’re sharing our La Cava Cucumber Margarita recipe. That’s right after sharing our jalapeno margarita recipe we’re heading back for another round. What can we say, we enjoy our margaritas! Alright, we’ve got our cocktail shaker, off to the kitchen. It’s time to make our La Cava Cucumber Margarita recipe!
This is where we usually talk about the location of the recipe. But we’ve been there, done that in our jalapeno margarita recipe. You already know La Cava del Tequila is located inside Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion. It’s on the righthand side when you’re walking into the Mayan Temple. So we can skip the location summary this time around and get right to our La Cava Cucumber Margarita recipe!
- 2 oz of cucumber puree
- 1/2 of a fresh lime
- 2 oz of Tequila (blanco)
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz of agave nectar
- 1 fresh basil leave
- 1/2 oz of caramelized pineapple juice
- Sliced and quarter pieces of cucumber
- Tajin Seasoning
Caramelized Pineapple Juice
- Boil pineapple juice on stove until it’s a simple syrup ~7 to 10 minutes
- Peel and remove the seedless from a cucumber
- Puree in a food processor or Nutribullet (we do not recommend a juicer)
La Cava Cucumber Margarita
- Mull basil leaf and two or three pieces of the sliced and quartered cucumber in the bottom of the shaker
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice
- Add tequila
- Add triple sec
- Add cucumber puree
- Add caramelized pineapple juice
- Add agave nectar
- Add lime
- Shake until the shaker is too cold to hold
- Rim a margarita glass with Tajin seasoning
- Serve in a margarita glass with the ice
There’s more than one way to shake up this La Cava Cucumber Margarita recipe. One of the hardest ingredients to find will be the Tajin seasoning. The seasoning is a blend of salt, dried chili peppers, and dehydrated lime. Below is how we’ve recreated the seasoning at home.
- Replace Triple Sec with Orange Liquor
- Replace Agave Nectar with Simple Syrup
- Replace Agave Nectar with Honey
- Replace Tajin Season with salt, chili peppers, and little chopped lime zest
This cocktail is the perfectly refreshing drink you’re looking for on a warm sunny day.
Previous Recipe: Nomad Lounge Night Monkey
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.