It’s a pink drink! It’s that time again, it’s time for another installment of our Disney at home recipes. In this rendition, we’re sharing our Hollywood Brown Derby Pomegranate Whiskey Sour recipe. This pink twist on a classic cocktail is the ideal drink for those Florida afternoons at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Plus, you’re on vacation, a pink drink is definitely in order. Alright, we got our shakers ready, is yours? Perfect, let’s get to shaking up our Hollywood Brown Derby Pomegranate Whiskey Sour recipe!
Found in the shaded area of Hollywood Blvd is The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. This first comes first serve lounge is a DVC Duo all-time favorite for an afternoon or early evening adult time-out. Known for its grapefruit cake and cobb salad, The Hollywood Brown Derby is shaking up an array of classic cocktails. From martinis to margaritas, there’s a classic cocktail for everyone in your group. For us, nothing beats grabbing one of the outside high-tops, sitting back with the Hollywood Studios music in the background, and enjoying an appetizer and drink. Well, the time has come, let’s get this shaking underway!
Hollywood Brown Derby Pomegranate Whiskey Sour Recipe
- 2 oz of Crown Royal Whiskey
- 1/2 oz of Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 oz of Simple Syrup
- Splash of Sour Mix
In the DVC Duo house we like to make our own sweet and sour mix. Here is our homemade recipe:
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and a 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan. Bring to boil to dissolve the sugar. Then add 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice and 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. Let cool.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 a cup sugar to a saucepan
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes
We’re ready to shake up our drink!
- Fill shaker halfway with ice
- Add Crown Royal Whiskey
- Add Pomegranate Juide
- Add Simple Syrup
- Add Sour Mix
- Shake until it’s too cold to hold
- Serve in a tumbler with a large cube
Variety is the spice of life. When it comes to making cocktails we like to mix it up from time to time. Feel free to make substitutions and adjustments where you see fit.
- Replace Crown Royal Whiskey with your favorite whiskey
- Use a pre-maid sour mix
This is a drink best enjoyed while eating a slider and cobb salad on a patio.
Previous Recipe: Oga’s Cantina T-16 Skyhopper
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.