It’s the iconic drink of Disneyland! No, we’re not talking about the Blue Milk in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. We’re back with another installment of our Disney at home recipes. This time around we’re sharing a true classic in the Disneyland Mint Julep recipe. Alright, let’s shake up another drink, or should we stir it? I don’t which we should do we’ll have to go ask James, Bond that it is.
In the New Orleans Square portion of Disneyland, there are three places to find the Mint Julep. First is the Mint Julep Bar window at the French Market, second, being the Blue Bayou, and the last spot is Cafe Orleans. This refreshing, non-alcoholic, just tart enough beverage has been a go-to for Disneyland goers for years. Alright here is our Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe:
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of mint leaves
- 3/4 cup of limeade
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 3 tbsp of mint simple syrup
- 1 Lemon (cut into wedges)
- Maraschino cherries
Mint Simple Syrup
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan
- Muddle mints leaves
- Add mint leaves to the saucepan
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add limeade, lemonade and 3 tbsp of mint simple syrup
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is too cold to hold
- Serve over ice with a lemon wedge, maraschino cherry, and mint sprig to garnish
Variety it’s the spice of life. Below are a few variations and substitutions, feel free to make changes where you would like.
- Replace mint simple syrup with creme de menthe liqueur (non-alcoholic)
- Replace mint simple syrup with creme de menthe liqueur with alcohol (adult version)
- Add 1.5 ounces of your favorite bourbon (adult version)
Add little Jazz music for background music and it’s almost like you’re there!
Previous Recipe: Tonga Toast
Don't Miss A Beat!
What's happening in the "world?" From Disney news and rumors to our favorite travel tips and insights, and of course food reviews! Keep your fingers on the pulse.