We’re fashionably late to the party. That’s how we roll in the DVC Duo house (not really, we’re usually those super prompt people). On January 18, 2019 Walt Disney World kicked off the Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise celebration at the Magic Kingdom. After 90 fabulous years, their pals are throwing them a surprise party like no other. Spread around the park are different events to check out and treats to try. You can’t have a birthday celebration without some treats, right? All right we’ve got a lot to cover, do you have your noise maker? It’s time to join Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration!
Don Your Best Outfit
We’re hoping we’re as fashionable as Mickey and Minnie when we turn 90. For the big celebration, Mickey and Minnie’s surprise for all their guest are their new birthday threads. Covered with multi-color confetti on top of a white backdrop, Mickey and Minnie are ready to party. Looking for a picture with the birthday couple? Head over to the Town Square Theater, which will be on your right as you come through the tunnel into the Magic Kingdom. It’s in the same building as Tony’s Town Square Restaurant.
Time to Move It
Ready to move and shake it? The centerpiece to Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration is the new Move It, Shake It, MousekeDance It! Street Party. Combination parade and dance party, the event travels down Main Street USA to the “hub” (area in front of the castle) where all the fun happens. You’ll sing and dance with Disney performers and your favorite characters, including Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Clarabelle Cow, and of course, the guests of honor. Rumor has it, you may even see a couple of characters from one of our favorite Epcot rides.
The street party includes brand new original music, live singing, and takes place multiple times a day. We would recommend checking the exact times via the My Disney Experience App, as times could change from day to day.
Passholder Insight: The show takes place all around the “hub” and it usually takes about 10 minutes to travel down Main Street. If you’re running a few minutes late no worries, as you have plenty of time from when the show is scheduled to start.
Treats? That’s Why We’re Here
Why do you go to a party? We go for the treats and of course for the guest(s) of honor. For Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration, the Magic Kingdom will offer a variety of sweet and savory treats to enjoy. Below are the delectable delights to try and where you can find them.
- The Mickey Burger – At Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland you’ll find a cheese lovers dream burger. The burger is topped with mac & cheese, American cheese, cheese sauce, hot cheese dust, and of course bacon (bacon makes everything better), served a Mickey Mouse bun.
- Minnie Kitchen Sink – In the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor at the end of Main Street USA you’ll find a sundae of all sundaes, two scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, cherries, and topped with your choice of hot fudge, peanut butter, or carmel. Best part is it’s served up in a Minnie dress shaped bowl!
- Now and Forever Slush – Gaston’s Tavern is expanding their beverage list with a sparkling drink for all. This cider slush is served in a champagne flute and garnished with a white chocolate-dipped strawberry. Limited time offering, served through end of February.
- True Love Cheesecake – Served at the sit down locations around the Magic Kingdom is a strawberry-vanilla cheesecake with raspberry puree, whipped cream, and a Mickey & Minnie chocolate accent. The dessert is available through February 15th.
- Mickey Sipper – While supplies last, you can find a drink container Mickey figurine. Complete with with birthday hat, bow tie, and straw. Let’s say it together, adorable!
Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise celebration will offer a variety of merchandise that will vary throughout the celebration. Head over to Magic Kingdom to check out the celebration, as it runs through September 2019. You know where to finds us, by the treats!